As an Airbnb Superhost, I can tell you firsthand how important it is to equip your home with the right supplies and amenities to ensure your guests have a comfortable experience.
From the operation of your space to the type of furnishing used in your home, everything matters when curating an Airbnb. You must be prepared to accommodate and satisfy all guests, so a hosting checklist is essential!
To help you get started on your Airbnb or vacation rental, we provide an extensive list of items you need to furnish and stock your space. From bed linens to kitchen cookware and appliances, we share everything needed to perfect your Airbnb space. With this checklist, your attention to detail will not go unnoticed, leading to positive reviews and growth in bookings.
You can download the Airbnb inventory checklist template directly to your inbox.
Airbnb Host Checklist
Checklist for Bedrooms
The bedroom is one of the most important rooms in the Airbnb property. It is where guests will spend a considerable amount of time, so preparing this space is highly important.
To ensure your bedroom is prime for hosting, there are several must-have items and pieces of furniture that you will want to include. From linens, mattresses, bedside tables, and bedding, this list has it all.
- Bed – The bed is the centerpiece of the bedroom and vital for a good night’s sleep. It is important to ensure that the bed is comfortable, clean, and sturdy. The bed should have a quality, durable mattress on the bed frame.
- Linens – Clean linens are a must-have in any bedroom. Hosts should provide fresh bed sheets and blankets for guests. It is also important to ensure that the linens are of good quality and match the style of the bedroom.
- Pillows and Pillow Covers – Guests expect comfortable pillows when they stay in a rental property. Opt for a mix of pillows ranging from firm, soft, and between.
- Closet and Hangers
- Curtains and Blinds – The bedroom should be equipped with curtains or blinds that provide privacy and block out light for a restful night’s sleep.
- Dresser or storage unit
- Seating Chair
- Bedside Lamps
- Area Rug
- Charging Station
- Luggage Rack
Checklist for Bathrooms
The bathroom is another crucial part of any rental property; guests expect it to be clean and well-equipped. A well-stocked bathroom can make a big difference in the overall guest experience. Here is a checklist of essential items to include in a bathroom inventory checklist:
- Towels – Clean towels are a must-have in any bathroom. Hosts should provide the best bath towels, hand towels, and washcloths. The towels should be of good quality and ideally all white.
- Toilet Paper – Toilet paper should be provided for guests, and hosts should ensure that there is enough for the duration of their stay.
- Hand Soap
- Shampoo & Conditioner
- Body Wash or Bar Soap
- Body Lotion
- Bath Mat
- Air Freshener
- Trash Can
- Toilet Brush and Plunger
- Hair Dryer
Checklist for Kitchen
The kitchen is an important part of any rental property, and guests often expect it to be well-equipped to prepare meals and snacks during their stay. A well-stocked kitchen can also save guests money on dining out, making it a crucial part of the overall guest experience. Here is a checklist of essential items to include in a kitchen inventory checklist:
- Cookware – Guests should be able to prepare meals in the rental property, so the kitchen should have the best pots and pans, and baking sheets.
- Utensils – Utensils are necessary for cooking and eating, and guests expect to find them in the kitchen. Hosts should provide a variety of utensils such as spoons, forks, knives, and cooking utensils.
- Dishes and Glassware – Guests will need dishes and glassware for their meals and snacks. Hosts should provide enough plates, bowls, cups, drinking glasses, to-go cups, and wine glasses for the max number of guests.
- Coffee Maker – Many guests expect to find a simple coffee maker in the kitchen, whether a Keurig or Coffee Pot. Hosts should also provide coffee, coffee filters, creamers, and sugar to support the coffee maker.
- Oven and Stove
- Microwave – A microwave is convenient for guests who want to reheat meals or snacks.
- Dish Soap and Dishwasher Detergent
Checklist for Living Room
The living area is where guests spend a significant amount of their time in a rental property, so it’s important to ensure that it’s comfortable and well-equipped.
- Couch – Whether you choose a couch, sofa, or sectional, there must be a comfortable place for your guests to sit, relax and unwind with their families and friends.
- Television (TV) – TV Entertainment is a must. You must provide cable or streaming services to give your guests viewing options.
- Decor – Consider adding artwork, plants, and other decorative items that match the style of the rental property.
- Window Treatments – may include curtains or blinds to add privacy and light control.
- Coffee Table
- Standing Lamp
- Side Tables
- Area Rug
Outdoor areas can be a great addition to a rental property, and Airbnb guests often expect them to be well-maintained and equipped for their use.
A well-stocked outdoor area can provide guests with an enjoyable experience and can make a big difference in the overall guest experience. Here is a checklist of essential items to include in an outdoor area inventory checklist:
- Outdoor Furniture – The outdoor area should have comfortable and functional furniture such as chairs, tables, and Adirondack chairs.
- Grill and BBQ Tools – Guests may want to grill or barbecue during their stay, so hosts should provide a grill and the right tools, such as tongs, spatulas, and brushes.
Other Miscellaneous Items to Consider
- Cleaning Supplies – Hosts should provide basic cleaning supplies such as a vacuum, dustpan, and broom so that guests can keep the living area clean during their stay.
- Pack and Play
- High Chair
- First Aid Kit
Tips on Preparing the Rental
Preparing the rental property is essential in providing a positive experience for guests. It sets the tone for their entire stay and can differentiate between a good and bad review.
By following the checklist, the property owner and property managers can ensure that the vacation rental is well-stocked with essential items, making guests feel at home and enhancing their overall experience. Here’s a list of ways you can prepare your property:
Cleaning and Organizing – Your cleaning service should have an Airbnb cleaning checklist for their cleaners to maintain consistency and high performance when cleaning your property. The Vacation rental cleaning process should always involve cleaning all surfaces, floors, and furniture.
Any clutter should be removed, and the rental should be staged to maximize the available space. Clean linens, towels, and blankets should be provided, and the rental should be free of any odors.
Safety Check – The safety of your guests should be of the utmost importance. A rental host should perform a safety check of the rental property before guests arrive. This includes ensuring that smoke detectors are working, fire extinguishers are present, and all electrical outlets and appliances are in good condition.
Stocking Basic Necessities – Guests expect basic necessities during their short stay, such as toilet paper, hand soap, and dish soap. Hosts should also provide extra supplies for the duration of their guests’ stay, such as trash bags, paper towels, and cleaning supplies.
Wi-Fi – Most guests expect to have strong and adequate Wi-Fi. Wifi is essential for guests who need to stay connected during their stay or those working remotely.
Electronic Smart Lock or Lockbox – It may not be possible to meet everyone personally upon arrival, therefore, an electronic lock like the August Lock or Schlage Smart Lock is important. You can also opt for a lockbox to store your keys if an electronic lock is available.
Clear Instructions – Hosts should provide instructions on how to use certain appliances for guests who may be unfamiliar with how to use them.
Hopefully, you have found this comprehensive host checklist helpful. Having the basic amenities and inventory in your Airbnb is essential for Airbnb hosts who want to provide their guests with a comfortable and enjoyable experience. Well-stocked rental properties can lead to positive guest experiences, resulting in 5-star reviews, repeat bookings, and profitable short term rental.
Whether you are running this as your main business and source of income or you are just looking to get some extra money, following this checklist will help you stand out in the short-term rental market.
Other Airbnb hosting ideas you might like:
- Best Coffee Makers for Airbnb
- Best Pots and Pans for your Airbnb Kitchen
- Best Towels for Airbnb that Guests Will Love
- The Best Sheets for Airbnb and Short-Term Rentals
- Best Pillows for Airbnb
Please comment below to let me know what you think of this article. Feel free also to follow me on my social media pages – Pinterest and Instagram or subscribe to my mailing list for other design inspiration, DIY projects, and home decor ideas.
Tamara White is the creator and founder of The Thrifty Apartment, a home decor and DIY blog that focuses on affordable and budget-friendly home decorating ideas and projects. Tamara documents her home improvement journey, love of thrifting, tips for space optimization, and creating beautiful spaces.